Wednesday 30 April 2008

What a great month!

Have had a fantasitic month.
At the beginning I managed to get the last place on a Debbie Abrahams Bead workshop at the Sheepish wool shop York. Had a great time learning how to use beads and saw all the samples form Debbies new book.

The weather played its usual tricks. Started off in rain, then thick snow and eventually sunshine.


Just to prove it:




On the way there - brrrr


On the way back

Heres the sample I made:

Pretty


I must admit to pulling back the sample and using the beads to make a mobile phone cover, waste not want not. I will post pics next time.

WONDERWOOL WALES


Last Saturday I managed to get to Wonderwool Wales with some good friends. It was great to meet lots of fibre enthusiasts.


And I am so excited - I bought my first spinning wheel!!!!

She is an Ashford Elizabeth 1, so I am calling her Bess. She is beautiful and really silent when spinning. Have to say this is a totally new adventure for me. At the momment I am getting used to using my feet to pedle and working out how to get my hands to control the fibre. But I will purservere. At the momment I am making very wiggly worms!!
Just had to buy some goodies to practise with:


Happy knitting

1 comment:

LittleBerry said...

I was wondering if we'd get to see Bess... I want photos of squiggles and progression to yarn!!!!